Digital Marketing Agency Guide for an E-commerce Website
With the growing adoption of digital payments and online shopping experience, E-commerce or Online marketplaces are the future. In 2019 it was the near future but since the COVID-19 situation it has actually shot up the trajectory for brands to list their business online.
Before brands listed themselves online for a level playing ground with the competition, for visibility now it’s for survival.
As a digital marketing agency, we understand that If you deal in E-commerce then your website design and development is the foundation of your entire business.
You have to create a memorable marketplace while enriching the user experience.
So here is our guide a curated checklist to ensure that your e-commerce site is ready for selling.
Step 1 – Landing Page
Here’s what you should include for a great UI/UX on your landing page.
- Include a nicely designed high-resolution logo
- Discounts and Promotions are prominently displayed on the homepage
- Showcase your most popular products at the start
- A media and blog section.
- A store finder if necessary
Step 2 – Items to be included on every page for a smooth user experience
- Include security certificates and reminders that the transactions are safe throughout the website
- Ensure each webpage of your loads fast
- Remove broken links
- You should have categories and filtering options for your pages
- A login option
- Tabs at the top of your e-commerce website to categories and products
- A shopping cart at the top when people save or purchase items
- Make your e-commerce website is responsive across all browsers and devices
- Keep a minimalist design for easy navigation
Step 3 – Product Pages
There are going to be times where you run ads from your digital marketing strategy or by organic search, your potential leads or customers are going to land directly on your product pages. Ensure that these pages have complete and relevant information to help convert your lead.
- Always include calls to action on your product pages
- Customer reviews and ratings for your product
- Related product links to upsell
- Selling points, like free shipping or discount
- Multiple product images and angles
- Relevant product information and specs
- Button or icon to change purchase quantities
- Infographic, illustration, or description on how to use the product
- An add-to-cart button on each product page
- The MRP of the product
- Relevant instructions or disclaimers about the product
- Available sizes and a sizing guide if needed
- A sorting and filter option for customer reviews
- An Add to Wish List button on each product page
- A WhatsApp live chat option that shows the support team what the customer is looking at
- Use high-resolution pictures and videos
- A message that states if a product is sold out
- Ensure loading time is not high
- Focus and describe the unique features and what makes your product stand out
- Include keywords on each Ecommerce product page to improve search engine rankings
Step 4 – Blogs and Media Page
These pages are great for your online SEO and helps you talk more about yourself on the website.
- Company achievements and landmarks
- A blog with recent news about the brand or business
- Comments in your blog
- Social sharing options
- Insider company information to connect with your customers
- A radio, webcast or podcast page
Step 5 – Cart and Payment page
For an e-commerce website, this is where it’s crucial your customer has no hiccups for a successful purchase.
- Don’t have account creation as a mandate for placing the order
- Ensure you accept all kinds of payment methods
- If you can offer free shipping or less shipping cost it can be an advantage
- Make sure the security and payment seals are most prominent during checkout
- You should ask you, customers, to continue shopping even after checkout
- If you can give free shipping on high order values
- Promo code area must be there
- Show people the monetary value they saved during the checkout process
- Send them shipping updates
- If you sell high priced items, offer financing options like EMI’s
- Before going live always test the checkout process
Step 6 – Customer Support Addins
- Social media pages
- Listed emails
- Whatsapp Chat
- A Live Chat area
- Offer 24/7 customer support