As a digital marketing agency that regularly handles large social media portfolios we understand how important it is that your images be the right size for its respective social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Research points out that a person’s average attention span is less than 9 seconds. This means you have less than 9 seconds to attract a user to your social media ads or handle.
A large part of the brain is focused on visual processing, allowing humans to process images at an incredible speed. The human brain can recognize a familiar object in only 100 milliseconds, making images the perfect way to communicate in today’s short-attention world. Hence photographs and images become your powerful ally.
It is incredibly crowded in the digital space. An image in which the call to action or the main object is getting cut is not a mistake you can afford.
It’s important to note that one size does not fit all. So here is a quick guide by the beasts on the updated image sizes for different social media-
It’s an incredibly social “social network” where people join groups and interact with old friends and family. It’s best to keep your approach people-centric and content-centric rather than product-centric for your page if you want to succeed at this platform.
It is expected by 2023, the number of Facebook users in India will reach 444.2 million, up from 281 million in 2018 indicating steady growth in the social media platform’s user base. (Source – Statista 2020)
This powerful platform is your gateway to a lot of audiences so ensure your posts are sized right.
Recommended Facebook Image sizes –
· Facebook profile picture size: 180 x 180
· Facebook cover photo size: 820 x 462
· Facebook link image size: 1200 x 630
· Facebook image post size: 1200 x 630
· Facebook video size: 1280 x 720
· Maximum Facebook video length: 240 minutes. (keeping your videos short upto 15 seconds due to the small attention span of users)
· Facebook ad size: 1200 x 628
· Facebook video ad size: 1280 x 720
· Facebook Story ad size: 1080 x 1920
· Facebook group cover image size: 1640 x 922
Instagram is the most powerful tool when you want to create a story with your images. This social media has proven yet again how powerful visual imagery can be if you want to gain traction. Instagram has a total of 1 Billion users per month on its platform, out of which 63% of its users log in everyday!
It’s crucial your Instagram strategy is on point as a digital marketing agency or you will lose a lot of great leads and engagement.
Recommended Instagram Image sizes –
· Instagram profile picture size: 110 x 110
· Instagram photo sizes: 1080 x 1080 (square), 1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait)
· Instagram Stories size: 1080 x 1920
· Minimum Instagram video sizes: 600 x 600 (square), 600 x 315 (landscape), 600 x 750 (portrait), 600 x 700 (Carousel video dimensions)
· Maximum Instagram video length: 60 seconds
· Minimum Instagram image ad size: 500 pixels wide
· Instagram photo thumbnails: 161 x 161
· Instagram ads size: 1080 x 566 pixels (landscape), 1080 x 1080 pixels (square)
· Instagram IGTV video size: 1080 x 1920
If you are setting up your social media space it is incomplete without a twitter profile. Twitter is a must be space in for people who want to interact with businesses and those who lead them. A mix of social and professional blend is what twitter is all about. It is also the first place to look out for an immediate update about anything, news, or music albums alike. So don’t ignore the space and be ready for all types of posts you might need for a successful Twitter profile –
Recommended Twitter Image sizes –
· Twitter profile picture size: 400 x 400
· Twitter header size: 1500 x 500
· Twitter post image size: 1024 x 512
· Twitter card image size: 1200 x 628
· Twitter video size: 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
· Maximum Twitter video length: 140 seconds
· Twitter ad size (image): 800 x 428
· Twitter ad size (video): 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
This is the official professional network. If you want to be seen as a legitimate business, build credibility, and want to build yourself as a thought leader this is the space to be.
There are about 64 Lakh Indians on this platform. It is also the most used platform by the fortune 500 companies. There is no doubt that it’s the no.1 platform for the B2B market space.
This is the place where you can flaunt your company and its best sides.
· LinkedIn company logo size: 300 x 300
· LinkedIn cover photo size: 1536 x 768
· LinkedIn Dynamic Ads size: 100 x 100 (company logo)
· LinkedIn Sponsored Content image size: 1200 x 627
· LinkedIn Business Banner image: 646 x 220
· LinkedIn profile picture size: 400 x 400
· LinkedIn background photo size: 1584 x 396
· LinkedIn post image size: 1200 x 1200 (desktop) 1200 x 628 (mobile)
· LinkedIn link post size: 1200 x 628
· LinkedIn video size: 256 x 144 (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 (maximum)
· Maximum LinkedIn video length: 10 minutes
This guide is not limited to just a digital marketing agency like us. If you are a designer, art director, owner of a brand we urge you that its best to bookmark this specific piece instead of going around, googling and searching for the right dimensions